Monday, July 2, 2012

Passport Fiasco Part 3: End of Trilogy


What happened before: Part I, Mykmyk was asked to produce travel documents.
Part II, Mykmyk was asked to have the travel document officially translated (again).



I went at the DFA Aseana office with the translation of certain pages from my mom's visa from 1985, which I got last Thursday from the Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant and Workers Affairs (O
that instructed me to have the translation faced me. Seemed that she had no problem wiUMWA) at the old DFA office. I went directly to the guard at the director's office, and was called soon after my papers were turned in, took about 5 minutes before I was called. The same lady th the translation from OUMWA. But she found another problem... My gender (they use gender, though I think it should be called sex) wasn't stated in my birth certificate.



Yes, my friends, I am neither male nor female, as reported in my certificate of live birth - another complication in the report by the foreign service. She instructed me to go to Door 4 for me to file an affidavit of undertaking that I am indeed male. "Kailangan mong mag-file within the next 5 years (sa NSO/civil registry) regarding your gender sa birth certificate mo, bago ka magrenew ng (next) passport mo." I want to be clear. I am not mad at this lady, but you have the idea of my irritation, with the new problems that crop up every time I go back to this office. I know she, and the rest of the people there are just doing their jobs, but a smile could have changed everything. There are posters inside their offices telling the employees to smile, but during the span of 3 days that I was there, only some of the guards were friendly enough to do that.

So I went there, and had my affidavit made. The affidavit was worth P300, and the translation P200. And this was my 3rd day already of going back and forth to this office. I kind of didn't want to mind about the extra payments that I needed to make, I just wanted the whole ordeal to be over. So after filing the affidavit, I went back to the lady at the director's office as per her instructions. After some minutes, she called me, and finally being cleared of the requirements, I am to start the normal process!

The normal 3-step process took me about an hour to complete. Step 1 was verification; Step 2 was payment; and Step 3 was encoding and capturing of photo. I lined up and paid the optional delivery option in between Steps 2 and 3.


So there, I'm finally finished with my passport application process. As a bonus good news, while in the FX ride home, the company that I had an interview with last Friday called again for another interview on Wednesday! I hope it's a job offer already since this is going to be my 4th interview with them. It was like I was on cloud 9 after that call. All that's left for me to do is to wait for my passport to be delivered... and actually use it, hopefully soon!

Thanks to everyone who had been praying and had been supporting me since last week. Shout outs to everyone who had been following the progress of my application process, you know who you are! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gud day sir. Ask ko lang po kung sa dfa nba mismo mgpapagwa ng affidavit of undertaking? thanks